Toners could be one of the biggest allies on your skincare or one of your worst enemies depending on their formulation, I’m also against of paying huge amounts of money for a product that is supposed to be simple and not with a bunch of ingredients that should be supplied by serums, moisturisers etc.
So today I want to share a quite affordable option I have been using and re-using in practically the last year: The AA Skincare, Frankincense & Rose Face Toner, AA Skincare is a natural based and Ecofriendly small British brand, and right now the best is to support small local business, specially when they sell nice products for reasonable prices.
The packing is quite simple but at the same time the mist when you spray the toner is so thin and perfect for summer or when you just wake up, you spray the right amount no need of cotton pads, just spray over the clean face few touches with your hands and it gets absorbed quickly, doesn’t leave the skin greasy at all, it does actually gives a refreshing feeling.
Rosa damascena Flower Water, Boswellia carterii Extract, Aqua, Hamamelis virginiana Water, Propanediol, Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Salix alba Bark Extract, Alcohol, Avena sativa Kernel Extract, Lonicera japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Punica granatum Extract, Citric Acid.
As you can see the ingredients list is very simple, if you are on vitamin c, retinol, etc and you want to use a toner without any ingredient that would react then this toner is great, what I do love is that it doesn’t have high concentration of fragrance or essential oils, we all probably know a famous rose water toner from a well marketed brand that I have tried and I’m struggling to finish because it has so much fragrance that make my skin break out and become more sensitive, is not the case with this Frankincense & Rose Face Toner.
The active ingredients in this toner work in the following way:
- Rose Water – Rose has a strengthening effect on the underlying small capillaries within the skin and can help improve tone and texture.
- Frankincense Water – calming and balancing, Frankincense may help tighten slack skin around the face.
- Witch hazel – astringent, so helps to remove excess oil and can help treat skin irritations. Can help tighten skin and reduce inflammation.
- Honey Suckle and Japanese Honeysuckle – nutrient and antioxidant rich. Soothing for the skin.
- White Willow Bark Extract – astringent, anti-inflammatory and soothing – a natural exfoliant and helps clear skin pores.
- Pomegranate – natural antioxidant, helps to revive the skin.
- Oat Kernel Extract – works to soothe and moisturise skin.
This product is vegan and very affordable you can find it 50 ml and 150ml
I loved this toner and it suits any type of skin including sensitive ones and rosacea
I hope you enjoyed the post