Today I want to show you probably one of the best releases of the year in terms of eyeshadow palettes: The Born To Run eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay. I have to admit..when I looked at the colours the first time I had the palette on my hands I though “Not my cup tea” But then I read the info about this guy and I changed my mind:
“Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette offers endless escapes in one travel-ready package. With 21 shades and a full-size mirror, it lets you choose your own adventure.
If you find yourself packing multiple kits for one look, our Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette is your globe-trotting go-to.
When it’s time to grab your carry-on and dash off to the next big adventure, you’ll want to pack light. Enter Born To Run, an all-in-one eyeshadow palette that has everything you need to create neutral looks, add in pops of color and play with brights, no matter where you’re going. With 21 of-the-moment shades—from jewel tones and modern neutrals to more colorful shadows—you’ve got every possible eye look covered in one sleek kit. Made from our mind-blowing formula that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color and blendability, Born To Run’s Eyeshadow shades hold tightly onto pigment that stays put.”
As you may know I travel a lot and I love to do it light, I just can’t take 2 or 3 full makeup bags as many girls do, that means that I have to reduce everything, and normally I end up choosing a nude eyeshadow palette to make it easy, but clearly I would like something different if I want a colourful look to go out. This palettes has a little bit of everything, shades for a business day and shimmery ones for a party.
- BREAKAWAY (warm ivory shimmer)
- STRANDED (pale rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer)
- BLAZE (light metallic peach with pink shift)
- WEEKENDER (light neutral beige matte)
- STILL SHOT (bright peach)
- RIFF (brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle)
- GOOD AS GONE (deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer)
- HELL RIDE (deep fuchsia matte)
- BAJA (burnt orange matte)
- ACCELERATE (reddish copper metallic)
- GUILT TRIP (smoky purple shimmer)
- IGNITE (rose gold metallic)
- SMOG (deep coppery bronze shimmer)
- WANDERLUST (forest green with gold micro-shimmer)
- WILDHEART (bright fuchsia)
- PUNK (red-brown matte)
- DOUBLE LIFE (metallic rust)
- JET (black with deep shimmering purple shift)
- DRIFT (charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle)
- RADIO (deep emerald satin)
- BIG SKY (frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle)
It doesn’t look anything like the other palettes from the brand, this ones has photos of several cities around the world, the wanderlust concept is well marked. Quite heavy mostly because of the large mirror but the quality of the plastic is really nice, I prefer it rather than the tins.
COLOURS, PIGMENTATION, BLENDING
As I said at the beginning I wasn’t sure about the palette, but following the concept of having a palette able to give you several options changed my mind, The nudes and matte shades are gorgeous and is easy to get a sophisticated everyday makeup out of them. The shimmery colourful ones, after play with them I found them pretty easy to wear, mix and create different looks, totally loved them, all of them are wearable.
When it comes to pigmentation, they were very pigmented, even the lighter shades. they do last most of the day, they are not chalky or weak in that sense. I found them easy to blend and do the transitions without looking patchy, sometimes highly pigmented eyeshadows tend to don’t blend very well, so glad that this one is so versatile.
In my opinion after the Naked Heat, this Born to Run is another middlefield goal, gorgeous colour mix, matte and shimmery options, lovely quality, Does it worth the money? It does, I haven’t seen any other that offers anything similar. Loved declared!